The great thing about growing older is that I keep learning more & more about myself. In retrospect, I enjoy my own company & trust my instincts, tastes & feelings, far more than I did when I was a teenager.
- I'm glad I chopped my hair off in November (Same day as the break up... New beginnings.)
- I have finally figured out what make up/clothes look good on me, what I want VS what I need.
- I hit the gym, stopped pigging out & I feel in control of my weight (I used to have issues with that all through high school, my eating habits were border line eating disorder. But I'm good now, it's such a RELIEF!)
- I learned how to sew!
- I survived Heartbreak! As corny as this sounds, when my X & me broke up, life was absolutely dull & cold for months that followed. I was afraid I'd never get back to who i was prior, but here I am; glued back together, better than ever :-)
- I took acting classes & I'm currently in 2 plays (Based on True feelings & A Raisin in the sun)
- I took a writing workshop, got my first short story (Tangerine) published, & I have been writing & writing & writing...
- I got closer to my siblings & parents. I love it.
- I've been working on my B.a in liberal arts.
- I went to Poland, Paris, New Jersey & New york; Traveling does wonder for your personal growth.
- I met new, amazing, positive people (in real life & in the blogosphere)
- I started blogging!!!
Most importantly, I accept myself, even in my most embarrassing, flaw filled moments. I snack on cheese in the wee hours of the morning, shop in the men's dept, have an addiction to Caffeine, Have read all the books in the Twilight Saga (yeah, I want to date a vampire, so what?) & my favorite movie of all times is 'Dirty Dancing.' It is what it is, I am who I am; & This is what I look like in the morning.