It might sound silly but this question feels so intimate. What scares me?
- Not being able to protect/provide for my family.
- Not achieving my goals.
- Not being able to have children: This would be a killer for me. I know adoption is a viable option but I want to go through the stages of pregnancy & see my body change, experience the pain of labour, hold my wet-as-a-seal newborn & marvel that he/she is flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood.
- Sickness; there's so many deadly & incapacitating conditions out there, I'd be terrified to find out something (a tumour) is growing inside me, sucking the life out of me. Also, HIV scares me. I call it the 'monster'. Thousands upon thousands are dying each day, while thousands upon thousands contract it.
- Being broke (again). I grew up in a household that was never quite financially stable, & although it made me who I am today, I still get nervous about being a dollar too short.
- Silly stuff: Ghosts (yes, I believe in spirits), squirrels (they're like rats with furry tails, I always imagine they want to attack me), gaining weight (I know, I know. It's silly right? It must be the European in me. I've been weight conscious (i.e mortally obsessed) since 10 years old, thank you mommy!)